02 December, 2009

Fun Fun Fun

What a week. It has been nothing short of things to do, and datelines to meet. But in spite of time squeezing the life out of me, that will never stopped me from laying back, and enjoying what God's green Earth has to offer. Well, actually, it was the cold, steel, concrete jungle. Not much green that I got to enjoy.

Let's start with the steamboat for 2 that I had with my fiancee. She won a KIK (Kumpulan Inovasi & Kreatif) convention a few weeks back, and with the prize cut that she received, we treated ourselves to some fatless, yet full of cholestrol delicacies (because of the seafood). Well, I didn't mentioned it in my blogs about her winning the convention. So congrats, darling. All the hard work and sweat had finally paid off.

The next day, we treated ourselves yet again. Only this time, it was a feast to the eyes and ears. This time, with my soon-wife-to-be, we headed to Alamanda and saw what some people believed to be their future 3 years later. That's right, we went to see 2012 at the movies. It seems that people had thought of a lot of ways on how the world would come to an end. But for the devoted followers of our Great God, we should certainly know how the world will be shattered, right? Anyway, one question pondered my mind as I saw the movie. If they were gonna save themselves with arks, what makes it so different than being in a aircraft carrier that was shown in the middle of the movie. After all, the waves did tumble the gigantic man-made-structure like it was a paper boat. Did that came across your minds as well?

However, seeing the movie, it solidify my stand on Judgement Day. If mere mortals could have thought of various ways for the Earth to come to an end, one just might wonder what the actual destruction would be like. Remember, in this movie, some are still safe through air transportation. But what if all the destructions that Hollywood has served us (The Day After Tomorrow, Knowing, 2012, and others that I might have forgotten) happen all at once. Do we have a place to go?

Well, on the night after, again the two of us went for another treat. But this time it was with my other colleagues. And it was more of a treat to the ear, rather than to the eye. For the second time, I went and watched Alleycats performing at KL. I guess you can just read about my encounter with the legends from Penang in my previous blog, since it was basically just the same. However, this time we were treated to a song by the bassist of Alleycats, Jimmy 'Nelson' Lo. This was the first time ever that he had sing on stage, and to be part of it was simply amazing.


Me and Jimmy Lo

Then, came Aidiladha. As usual, our family tend to keep it simple for Raya Haji. After all, it was only a one day holiday. But that didn't stop my taste buds from the sensual ayam kuzi, and nasi briyani that my mom had prepared for the day. And on the second day, again I was indulging on barbequed chicken that my aunt hosted in Mantin. Too bad I missed out on the barbequed lamb leg. My aunt had it marinated for two weeks. And from what they say (obviously after finishing off the lamb, without any for yours truly....hehehe), it was nothing less of praises of how good it tasted. Too bad for me....

On Monday, I became a driver + porter for my mom and my aunt on their shopping trip to Jalan Masjid India, Sogo and Nilai. But how can I complaint. After all, it was for my wedding. Hence, I was only too glad in taking the day off in order to facilitate the needs of my elder generations. All in all, we got all that we wanted, and the 13-hour trip was really worth it.

And today, I am back at work after 6 days of rest (is it rest?) and the only bummer that I got is that my office hard disk has crashed beyond salvation. I feel like I want to scream at the top of lungs considering the huge amount of data that I have in there. However, I am still hopeful that I could salvage the data in my hard disk. Which is why I plan to go to Lowyat soon. If I am not mistaken, there is a store that specialized in data recovery. I'll just have to cross my fingers on this one.

And there, sports fans, was the story of my week. Pretty hectic, but still an enjoyable one. And one could only hope that future weeks will be as good as last week, if not better.

Alahimanet

2 comments:

Ahada Aihara said...

abg fauzi,

in KL there's a centre for data recovery...
or else, u need to purchase data recovery software from the net and perform the process by ur own...

p/s: my friend had this problem and she's successfully manage to secure half of the data since using trial version only...

Last Kai Of Sommerlund said...

Masalahnyer, hard disk dh kong terus. So, skg ni dh x bleh nk access ikut normal methods.

Mmg kene hantar kat data recovery experts yang tau nak access a faulty hard disk.

Adoiiii.....brape la nak kene bayar nnt kan?