14 November, 2009

One Step Closer

Funny that I'm blogging from a restaurant, and not from the usual comfort that my desk at home offers to my rather enormous rectum. But considering the fact that my home is actually 350km away from my current position, I'll just have to make do with the cold, hard steel chair that I am sitting on right now.

Let's see......what should I write now....

Well, my readers will just have to make do with my 'oh-so-usual' weekly report. After all, yours truly has had a rather normal week, much like most of the weeks that I have been going through in my past 31 years. Well, here goes...

Had a second barbeque at my cousin's house in Shah Alam last Saturday. Well, it wasn't much, and not many were invited. Just the ones that assisted her in packing her stuff the week before - something I forgot to blogged about. My cousin had moved to her new house in Shah Alam. Well, she had already moved a few months back. But some of her stuff was still in Putrajaya.So, some dedicated cousin, including 'the-ever-so-helpful' me. So, as a token of appreciation, she held a barbeque at her place......again. Since I was in the 'zone' of having a tango with the barbeque grill, I didn't have the time in capturing the moments of me and the grill. But you get the picture, right? After all, it doesn't vary much from the first barbeque.

This week I have been devoting myself in preparing to be someone's husband. I went to the Pej Agama Islam Daerah (PAID) Hulu Langat and applied to get married. Something that you guys from Selangor might want to read about, should you intend to do the same in the near future. Well, in not dissapointing you, here's what you need to do in order to get married (Guys only. Not sure about the girls, since my fiancee is going to register in Perak)

  • Go for your pre-marriage course.
  • Get the forms from PAID, or just download it from the website (just Google it, and it's there)
  • If your IC is not from Selangor, get the form of residentship (you must have stayed at least 4 months in Selangor). Find a witness and his photocopied IC, and verify it at any Penghulu, Ketua Kampung, JKKK Chairman that is available at your place
  • Take the HIV screening test. It's free, and only can be done at government clinics. But first make sure the days that these clinics are conducting the test. For Bangi, it is on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. In Kajang, it's on Wednesdays and Fridays.
  • Get the supporting documents, and bring two witnesses to your local 'jurunikah', or PAID if there's none at your place, and sign in front of the appropriate personnel.
  • Wait one more day, and 'presto', your letter of approval will be issued to you.

Now, all that's left is for my beloved fiancee to do the almost exact same thing in her place in Perak. Hence, that's where I am right now. On Monday, she'll be applying to get married, and we're one step closer into the wacky, wacky world of marriage. Owh, did I say wacky? It might be wacky, but it's something that I'll be ever more than delighted to be a part of.

Sorry......no picture in this week's news.

Zbogom

1 comment:

Pena Biru said...

uih, bile ko engaged? walimah plak bila? tahniah2 =)