Kinda funny thinking how this day turned out. It seems like the more I want to keep things secret, the more the cover gets blown away.
Well, I really believe the stating how my day began would help in further explanations of what I went through. So I'll just skip to the part where it happened. I was on YM with my officemate (which if the others read this, they'll have a dang bright idea who she is). And out of the blue she suggested that we went to the movies during lunch. And yes, obviously we'll be taking a heck of a lot longer than the documented lunch time suggested to us staff. But hey, it ain't like I'm such a 'worker of the year' type anyway.
So, we decided to make some cover stories, since we agreed upon total secrecy on the outing. So, I'll be meeting my friend who just happened to drop by KL. And she's gonna go back home for some errands. Sounds solid enough, considering she's done that a lot, and I do have the occasions of taking a raincheck of lunch with my officemates due to friends making a quickie around Klang Valley.
Heck, we really went straight to the movies. And after that, we only made a quickstop to the restroom (well, it was me actually) and to the bookstore (again, all ME) before heading to the carpark. Suddenly, she got a message from her friend, detailing the outfit she's wearing, plus the generous description of how big her companion is (yes, still ME). So, she's like 'omg, kantoiiiiii'. She did managed to cover up to him, saying that she was never at the movies. Didn't know if he bought it, though.
But.............it doesn't ends there....
Got a message from Zaimah, saying that she knew about me at the complex with an 'awex'. Cissss....aku plak yg kantoi. I was taken aback by that. After all, Zaimah has been known to take a few hours off work to 'visit' the shopping complex. The worse thing is, Sabab was there with her. So, it's like sticking a fork in me, cos I'm wayyyyyyyyy past done.
However, after some interrogations from me (more like begging), she confessed that it was her husband that saw me with my officemate. Why in the world is he there, only Lord knows. Guess I have a much more familiar face than I give credit to. I haven't had much chance of meeting Zaimah's husband. In fact, I think I've only seen him twice.
And with the bunch of lots that I call friends, the suffering doesn't end there. They even mocked me that I was 'sepadan' with my movie buddy. Took a hell of explanations to clear things up, that we were only officemates, and nothing more.
But the story doesn't end there....
Went for k-ok with Ong, Abg Farid and the kids at my usual spot. And suddenly I got a call from Hairi, saying who am I hugging on the escalator (it was Amir, my 10 yr old nephew btw). Look around, left and right, top and bottom for that son of a gun. DAMN! He's pretty good in the hide-and-seek game. Well, I guess I'm just meant to get caught the whole day.
To think about it, I was also caught the night before. Went to karaoke (yes.....2 nights in a row) and almost got caught with my students. Thank heavens they saw me at the VCD shop, and not in front of my singing chamber. Or else, I have a tonne of explanation to those ladies too.
It has not been a good day to me. But aside from the kantoi part, I had a blast at the movies and both karaoke sessions.
Conclusion? Got to improve on my stealth ability. Anyone has an invisibility potion I can have? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment