14 December, 2008

The Story Continues...

Continuing from my last post...

So, after a bit of surfing, we went again for a drink. Lepak kat Naseer Tmn Pekaka lak this time. And around 11.15, Ajib n Mom reached Pekaka and we drove back to Lake Town. Had myself a treat at the bar before went in around 2am.

So, the next morning felt really fast. Went downstairs for breakfast around 8. And soon after, we had to checked out in order to reach Nibong Tebal by 11. But not before I booked for the returning guest package, which I think is a sweet deal at RM115 per night.

Reached Nibong Tebal to my late dad's distant cousin, Pakcik Samad. Gave him the details about the engagement arrangements, and off we go to Relau, Kedah (which is only 15 minutes away).

Reached there slightly after noon with 5 trays of gifts. Wasn't paying attention though to the details, as I was the designated amatuer photographer. But I think they agreed on RM7.5k of hantaran, and a mas kahwin of RM1052. Seems that they purposely wanted a non-round number. What the heck, as long as both agreed on it.

The talk was much faster than I thoughted it would be. Probably pre-arrangements were already made even on the night before. Which is why technologies nowadays are simply a blast. Who needs to 'merisik' when we have means of communication to make things smoother. Not saying that merisik is no longer applicable. but at least it saves an extra trip to the girl's house.

Initially, my uncle suggested that we stayed at Concorde Shah Alam after the engagement. At least we made 2/3 of the journey already. And since Nawal is in Shah Alam, her normal 'kepochi' attitude would tend to lead to a lot of questions about what went earlier. Plus, the hotel's FREE! :)

Sadly, it's fully booked. So, might as well we head on straight home. Pilahdelphia of my mom and Ajib, and Kajang for me. So, my touchdown was at 15 to 7. And maybe due to the tireness (I drove, btw), didn't even made it to watch Buletin Utama. In fact, I slept through Nightline as well. Woke up at 2.30am, and went for 'dinner' at 4am in As-Salam.

In short, my brother's happily engaged at last. Hope they'll have a magnificent wedding, and a more spectacular life together. But that's not gonna happen till end of May.

Therefore, here's Podek....signing off

No comments: