09 December, 2008

Hours Before MCC's D-Day

Well, the Aidiladha went on smoothly.....almost. There was a small misunderstanding among the parentals, which in the end spoiled the Raya mood. Don't feel like saying about it much, but I can simply say that this year's Korban could have been better.

Also earlier today, I managed to maintain my regular clock in time to work, even though I was from my mom's. Kinda nice to start off work by saying to my mom: "Mom! I'm off to work". Kinda like the old days when I was in the business field. Some might say that I'm a momma's boy. But heck, I am the eldest, and since my mom's alone, it's nice to know that I start my Monday knowing that mom's doing well.

This week'll be a week that I might be blogging a wee bit more that what I usually do. It's mainly because of how this week will turn out to be a pretty hectic one. Started off my Tuesday (Monday's off, you bunch of Forgetful Jones) with the fact that more than half the staff is still in their Raya mood. So, basically I can't do diddly squat about it. Can't send in my application for my leave this Friday, even though I have applied it online. Can't proceed to bring forward my annual leave to next year - which is only 3 weeks away. But I did managed to have some work being done: review my student's setup for their exhibition booth tomorrow, finishing off the final parts of my teaching file, got a follow up on my claim to go to Bkt Merah on Xmas, got myself a lesson or two on how to operate the dang Nikon D70s. And to cap it off, managed to spend 3 1/2 hours with Bijan at CeriaBox for a concerto ala UKM..... a.k.a. karaoke :)

Tomorrow will be one of the most important days since I landed in UKM. At last, the competition that me, Faisal, Wan Mimi and Fizi partipated in will be announcing its winner. Frankly, the wait has been an extreme pain in the rear end. The boss has been expecting that we could bag this MCC for its glory (talk about no pressure, huh?). I'm really having mixed feelings about this. For starters, the students did deliver some solid, kick-ass ideas for the judges. But then, not all of them could actually have a 100% working prototype. And what was a kill-joy for me was when I went through the competition's website and browsed through its gallery. Some teams (not ours, of course) were successfully displaying the prototype to the juries. Therefore, my opinion? I really can't say here, folks. I really can't say how our chances are. I don't even have the guts to say 50-50. Just I'll have to let the suspense eats me up till the fat lady sings.

This Friday I'll be heading to Penang with Bkt Merah as my pit stop. Tadaaaa......... at last, one of the Shazi's getting engaged. I was really hoping that it's me. Alas, things often never turn out the way we intend it to be, no matter how hard we try. Ah well, have to believe more in Qada' and Qadar than what I usually give credit for. Sometimes, it's things like this that make us think about life, and how we are as His loyal servants. In times like this, I try and try to forget about my ex, saying that it was not meant to be. But 4 1/2 years is not a walk in the park, and the memories will take a hell of a lot longer to be erased from my mind. That is, of course, unless I meet another Miss Right for me. Anyway, Ajeeb's gonna be engaged this Saturday, and I'll be part of the engagement brigade. I'll probably end up being a photographer anyway, but what the heck. Congrats, Jeeb.

I might be spending my Thursday accompanying my nephew to watch Antoo Fighter. Not sure why his parents are not the ones taking him, but I did tell him that I'll take him there. Considering it's a rated PG-13, guess I have to get a seat next to him. Not sure about what I'm gonna do for the rest of my Thursday, so that has yet to be unraveled.

Talking about the last weekend, how I feel right now, and what's to come, made me wanna write something interesting that I came across a few months back. I was taken by these 'words of wisdom', which made me wanna write it down in case I need to look at it in the years to come.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift. That is why it is called the present"

I know........ it's from Kung Fu Panda. But who knows, it might come in handy later....

Guess that's all from yours truly. Stay tuned for more updates in this channel

Hajoghutyun

No comments: